Monday 12 May 2014

"The Man in the Mirror"



Darren looked into the mirror. A grumpy, sleepy-eyed man scowled back at him through uncombed hair and unshaven stubble.
"It's not me..." Darren said, pointing at the mirror "It's me." he said, pointing back at himself. "I keep ruining everything. For both of us."
"You are right." replied the mirror, and started shaving. "It's not me. " Added the reflection, while combing his hair. "This one's all on me." He pointed at Darren and straightened his collar.
And then the man in the mirror walked out.
The other bathroom was still there. The glass still felt cold to the touch. The dirty walls were still there. The water was still running.

The gruff-looking man gave the reflectionless mirror a puzzled look, and then reached for the razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment